A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a reconstructive or cosmetic surgery procedure. People choose to undergo the procedure to tighten the muscles following a pregnancy or to simply get rid of fat and loose skin from their tummy.
Why Do People Get A Tummy Tuck?
Generally people decide to get a tummy tuck due to the following reasons.
- To change the tone and shape of their abdomen for a smoother and firmer profile.
- To reduce skin infections and itching caused by excess skin.
- To improve bladder functioning.
- To help alleviate pain.
- To restore separated or weakened muscles.
Keep in mind that a tummy tuck is not a substitute for exercise or weight loss. It might be possible to get a firmer stomach without undergoing surgery, through exercise and healthy eating. However, it is not possible in all cases. Generally, medical practitioners suggest that patients try to diet and exercise first before deciding to opt for the procedure.
Things to Consider Before Undergoing a Tummy Tuck
The most important issues that you need to consider before undergoing abdominoplasty or breast augmentation surgery with breast implants in Newcastle are mentioned below.
- Abdominoplasty and breast enhancement surgery Sydney & Newcastle results are permanent. But, if there are any major changes to your weight after the surgery, they could change the way you look. If you are planning future pregnancies or substantial weight loss, it is vital that you postpone the operation.
- A tummy tuck is not the procedure for getting stretch marks. But, the stretch marks will be removed from the treated areas along with the excess skin.
- Consider the financial cost before you give the treatment a try. Private health insurance might only cover some of the cost. Therefore, you would need to bear the remaining expense out of your pocket. You can learn more about the cost and how to make payments from the medical practitioner.
- Smokers should bear in mind that they are at an increased risk of complications. Try to quit smoking to decrease the risk.
- Consult with another medical practitioner to see if there is any second option available.
Find a Qualified Medical Practitioner
Once you have made up your mind to get a tummy tuck, it is vital that you find a qualified plastic surgeon in Newcastle. You can ask your general practitioner for some advice to find a reputable hospital or medical practitioner who offers abdominoplasty surgery (Tummy Tuck) Newcastle.
During the initial consultation, ask your medical practitioner about his or her experience and training. It will help ensure that you hire the best specialist. Remember, the procedure should only be performed by someone who has received the training for performing abdominoplasty and has significant experience. In addition to this, you will need to ask the medical practitioner to see their certification to make sure that they are qualified to perform the surgery.
Now that you know all about a tummy tuck Sydney, you will have no trouble deciding whether you should undergo the procedure or not. The more homework you do the better.